Oliver Wyman 1166 Avenue of the Americas (45th St entrance), New York, NY 10036
Oliver Wyman and NYC Health Business Leaders are collaborating to explore the rapidly evolving healthcare consumer experience. While the notion of “consumer-driven healthcare” has been around for years, its impact on behavior has gained momentum only recently. In the past, healthcare players could win with consumers by just being the best of the worst, because they were spending someone else’s healthcare dollars. Today, however, faced with high deductible health plans and greater co-pays, consumers are trying to understand the value they derive from the money they invest in maintaining their health, or to managing often-chronic and expensive conditions.
During the program we will discuss novel approaches to closing the gap with the new set of consumer expectations:
- Empathetic, holistic experience which puts their best interest first
- Affordable, clear and transparent cost of care
- Convenient, on-demand access to care on their terms
- Anticipatory and personalized health and benefits information
- Simple, easy to understand communications with providers and payer